Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Beaker Turned Four!



I love four year olds. Seriously, how much fun are they?! SO much fun! 

Well, not always, of course. There are days when I want to smoosh his cute little face. Days when he runs away laughing when I need him to stay put, days when he screams and kicks because for whatever reason he can't find the words to say that he is tired/hungry/bored/angry, days when he is doing the Charleston all over my last nerve. 

But for the most part, four is a really fun age. For every moment when he is irritating the ever-loving snot out of me, there are three moments when he is amazing me with his awesomeness. He counts to fifteen. He knows all of his letters and can read very simple words. He can run and jump and play and laugh and climb. And at the end of the day, he snuggles up in my arms and gives me kisses all over my face and says, "I love you, Mama. Can I keep you forever and ever? Can you always be my bestest mommy?" And then all the irritation, all of the petty annoyances... they just melt away and I cuddle him close and thank all of the Universe that I get to be his mom.

Beaker turned four a few weeks ago! Did I forget to mention that? He did! We celebrated with a chocolate cake and his favorite foods for dinner. 



Unfortunately his latest allergy test results came back just a few days before, showing reactions to dairy, shellfish, and eggs (in addition to the ones we already knew about ~ hazelnuts, wheat, rye, barley, garlic, and soy), so we did have to modify his favorite foods somewhat to make them safe for him. The mac and cheese had to be made with rice pasta and a butternut squash sauce, and the hot dogs were garlic and gluten-free (yes, mac and cheese with hot dogs is his very favorite meal. He is four.) The cake was vegan and gluten, soy, and nut free. The frosting I made with coconut oil, coconut milk, and powdered sugar with Enjoy Life allergy safe mini chocolate chips. It was actually pretty tasty, if not at all pretty, and Beaker was super thrilled to be able to have CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!! for dinner. 


The missing frosting areas are where he dropped my camera on the cake and then swiped handfuls of frosting while I cleaned the camera.

In four short years, my tiny little Beaker went from this:


To this:


Love you, squishy Beaker face <3





1 comment:

Read Me

Blogging tips