Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Grab Life by the Ball

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."
"What?"

"Now that's good clean family fun, Cotton."

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood."

"Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No! But I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste."

One of my favorite movies ever. It isn't exactly high class, but it is hilarious and never fails to make me laugh. Doesn't matter how many times I have watched (um, several dozen, at least), I always have to stop what I am doing to watch when it is on. And then I laugh until I'm in tears. It never gets old. I love Alan Tudyk as Steve the Pirate, and Justin Long as the moony teenage geek. 

So, because I am nothing if not a giant cheeseball, I made a lunch for the Dude inspired by Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story. Because laughing at lunch makes the day so much brighter.


"If you're going to become true dodgeballers, you're going to have to learn the five Ds of dodgeball: Dodge, Dip, Duck, Dive, and Dodge."

The Dude has a roast beef and havarti sandwich on sourdough artisan bread, with Club crackers, a hard-boiled egg, raspberries stuffed with chocolate chips, blueberries, and six (one for each player on a standard dodgeball team) red grape tomatoes.




"The ADAA?"
"That's the American Dodgeball Association, of America."


I promise the egg isn't suffering from a horrible disease. It was my first attempt at this method of egg dyeing. It didn't turn out so great. Maybe with store bought eggs it would work better. I used fresh eggs from my chickens and ducks and the shells were pretty thick. The dye penetrated slightly (as you can see above) on the chicken eggs, but the duck eggs didn't get any dye through the shell at all.


Products used:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Read Me

Blogging tips