Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Favorite Love Story

It has everything. A fair maiden princess, a swarthy pirate, a true love in disguise. Sword fights and giants, vengeance and escape, harrowing death and miraculous recovery. And also, a young Cary Elwes. Not to mention some of the most memorable and quotable lines ever written.

What am I talking about? Um, if you don't know already go watch it right now! You are missing out on a great experience.

The Princess Bride ranks high on my list of all time favorite movies. One of the few movies based on a book which I truly enjoy, and one of a few movies which I could watch over and over and never get bored. The Dude is nearly as big of a fan as I am, and actually introduced me to the movie many years ago, long before we were married and were both still two geeky, awkward teenagers.

The teen years are well behind us, but we're both still pretty geeky. And we both still love The Princess Bride, and quote it often.

For my geeky Valentine:


He has a roast beef and provolone sandwich on a buttery croissant, with spring greens and tomatoes. The letters spelling out Westley's quiet declaration of love to Princess Buttercup are cut from havarti cheese, with a pair of red heart picks and grape tomato hearts on the side.


He also has a cup of blueberries and strawberries, and a heart shaped container filled with toasted almonds, with a macaroon tucked underneath for dessert.


Have a lovely, happy Valentine's Day!

Now, hop over to Bent On Better Lunches to see the next Geeky Valentine lunch!



Products used:

 
allthingsforsale.com Bento Products

8 comments:

  1. Awwwww what a perfectly geeky lunch for Wuv Twue Wuv <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite nerdy love quotes <3 <3 Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!
    Why haven't I seen this movie?!
    I'm going to hunt it down now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Your tomato heart turned out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy there's a Princess Bride lunch in the hop - love it, love it, love it! Have fun storming the castle! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Read Me

Blogging tips