Friday, February 22, 2013

Firefly Lunch

The best show to ever be cancelled after only one season. Far too short of a run on TV, but a major underground following after cancellation. It has been more than a decade since Firefly went off the air, but fans of the show are every bit as obsessed now as they were then. If not more so!

The Dude told me yesterday that a microwave was added to his work site. Now I can send hot meals with him for lunch! It's the little things that bring me great joy...

For his lunch today, a hearty bowl of my homemade Minestrone Soup, with meatballs, a clementine, and a little 'bonnet' full of chocolate cranberries.


The quote is from the Firefly episode "Safe".



"Ain't we just."

So, how did I keep the soup from leaking out of the Easy Lunchbox? Simple! 


Glad Press 'N Seal is an easy and fast way to make any non-sealing dish instantly leakproof. Just cut a piece to the size you need and press down. I cut this piece slightly larger than the ELB and laid it over the top of the whole thing.


Press down lightly around all of the edges and then put the lid on firmly. Done! Dude said not a drop of soup leaked out. He removed the Press 'N Seal and the clementine and chocolate before reheating the soup and meatballs in the microwave.


Have I mentioned lately how much I love Easy Lunchboxes? Perfect convenient way to pack lunch, dishwasher safe, microwave safe. Exactly what is needed to carry a healthy and tasty meal!


Products used:



3 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love it!!! The bonnet made me snort :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bento!

    I want to make bento for my boyfriend too but he is not at all a fan of the idea lol.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Rose
    bentoclock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    Karen, the bonnet line is one of my favorites. "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you."

    ReplyDelete

Read Me

Blogging tips